Create your own look
We are a business for women, by women. We ask that prospective clients first sit with us in a private consultation, to discuss your desired hair, any medical issues you may have that are causing hair loss, the current condition of your hair, your lifestyle and budget. Together, we’ll build a hair care plan that suits you and gives you the hair of your dreams.
Hair extensions add length, volume and thickness to fine or thinning hair. Hair Therapy for Women’s Angel Design Team works with clients to determine the best type of extensions for each woman’s need, taking into account a number of factors including condition of the existing hair, texture of the existing hair, desired result (length, volume or both), hair-care routine and lifestyle. Typically, strand-on-strand hair extensions last three to six months, depending on maintenance and hair growth. Seamless hair extensions last approximately 12 weeks. The seamless hair can be reattached (relocated closer to the scalp) multiple times before additional hair is needed. Prices vary depending on technician, application, manufacturer, amount of hair and hair length.
- Strand-on-strand hair extensions – Strands, or bonds, of hair are attached to small sections of natural hair using a low-heat device or cold fusion application. Hair Therapy for Women reduces the size of the strand (bond) in half, making the extensions nearly indistinguishable and resulting in more natural movement. This service typically lasts three to six months depending on the health and strength of the client’s natural hair as well as the client’s maintenance of the extensions. We also offer micro-strand extensions (approximately half the size of the standard Hair Therapy for Women strand) and micro-mini strand extensions for the most natural looks possible.
- Seamless hair extensions – A no-tension method of hair extensions that sandwiches the natural hair between two wefts of human hair that is secured with an undetectable tape. This service lasts six to eight weeks. Seamless hair can be reused.
- Temporary hair extensions – add length and volume any time you like with hair extensions that you can easily apply at home. We will determine your exact color match, cut the piece to your specifications, and offer styling tips.
Options to work with your budget
Hair Therapy for Women offers only top-quality hair from around the world, in a variety of textures, including Temple Hair from India, Remi Hair from Asia, IndoHair from Indoneisa, European Hair from Italy and Pro-Fiber from Korea. We are certified by more than a dozen high-quality hair extension companies:
- Angel Hair
- Blue Butterfly
- Di Biase
- Easihair Pro
- Great Lengths
- Hair Dreams
- Long & Beautiful Seamless Hair Extensions
- Platinum Seamless
- Secret Strands
- Short 2 Long
Hair Therapy for Women is a member of Corrective Hair Solutions, which advocates a comprehensive approach to hair replacement based on the individual needs of each client. Solutions may include:
- Hair Integration – Commonly used for clients with female-pattern hair loss (Androgenetic Alopecia) or diffused hair loss, this service utilizes a mesh-based product that allows natural, growing hair to be pulled through the system, resulting in a combination of the client’s hair and the additional hair.
- Partial Top Replacement – Small hair systems that are designed for thinning or severe hair loss on the top of the head. This service can be adapted for everyday use, or extended wear, depending on its attachment.
- Full Top/Cap Replacement – A service for women with severe hair loss, this hair-replacement system covers the entire head and is custom-fitted to the client’s head.
- Natural Hair Duplication – Used by women who are about to start radiation or chemotherapy treatments, this service results in the creation of a hair piece that mirror’s the client’s existing hairstyle, allowing her “new” hair to look as natural and as much like her real hair prior to treatment.
Often, chemotherapy patients will disguise their hair loss using fashion wigs, which often don’t suit their unique needs. Women who lose their hair through chemotherapy generally have very tender, sensitive scalps that can be irritated by the harsh materials in fashion wigs. Also, fashion wigs purchased through a catalog or online retailer may not fit properly, and can be loose or may shift. Finally, fashion wigs require a lot of upkeep, an unrealistic task for women undergoing chemotherapy.
Hair Therapy for Women is the Tampa Bay area’s exclusive provider of Recover with Confidence™, a nationwide group of dedicated hair loss professionals that provide products and services to women with hair loss caused by cancer. Only members of the Recover With Confidence™ network are authorized to provide the program’s highly customized and high-end medical cancer wigs, also called a “full cranial prosthesis,” which are typically covered by a patient’s health insurance plan. In addition to a cranial prosthetic, the Recover With Confidence™ program also provides a haircut, hair-care products, brush and wig stand.
More information on Recover With Confidence™ is available here, or by scheduling a complimentary consultation with Hair Therapy for Women.
Achieve the body, fullness and style you desire with a wig customized by the experts at Hair Therapy for Women. National Hair Replacement Specialist Bobbi Russell has customized wigs for a number of high-profile clients including Miss America 2011 Teresa Scanlan.
Customization options include:
- 100% human hair or synthetic hair.
- A choice of wig caps, including lace-front wigs, which provide the look of your own hairline, resulting in the most natural-looking style available.
- Expert fitting of the wig to the client’s head, ensuring that it is secure, comfortable and undetectable.
- Color services to produce a realistic look that may include root-natural highlights and lowlights.
- Thinning, haircut and styling.
- Regular maintenance.
Experience a subtle change or a complete transformation.
- Corrective Hair Color – Hair Therapy for Women specializes in “fixing” color mistakes caused by stylists or at-home products, including color that is too light, dark, brassy or ashy. The Angel Design Team also can help repair damage caused by hair-color treatments.
- Touchup – Single-process color application applied to the new growth root area.
- Full Color – Color is applied to the hair from the roots to the ends for color richness, continuity and blending.
- Partial Highlighting – Highlights, Lowlights or a combination of the two are applied from the top of the head forward adding beautiful, dimensional color.
- Full Highlighting – Highlights, Lowlights or a combination of the two are applied to the entire head of hair. This service offers uniform, all over hair color.
Texture and Treatments
- Nanokeratin – an intensive damage-repair treatment that recovers cuticle damage by replacing hair’s natural keratin. Treatment can result in up to 80% repair in one treatment. Three treatments are recommended for best results.
- Hair straightening – reduce frizz and curl, and increase manageability, without damaging the internal structure.
- Moisture Treatment
- Shine Treatment